Saturday, October 6, 2007

Getting Better

Well I finished my third week of teaching. Whew.

Monday and Tuesday were GREAT. Roger (see the last post to see how frustrating he is) was a little late and so he had to sit next to me. He was a GEM! Quiet, hard-working, sweet, it was amazing. He even stayed after class to help me collect the scissors and pencils and stuff. Amazing. Then on Wednesday he sat with his friend and was a pain in the ass again.
One step forward two steps back.

But I am making progress with him I think. Now when I talk to him he will do what I ask... No more robot voice.

Then on Tuesday I also figured out how to deal with my rowdy rowdy 6-7 year olds. I worked them so hard! And they loved it. It was counting and spelling and simple math. It was great.

So, I was so successful on Monday and Tuesday I got lulled into a false sense of confidence and Wednesday and Thursday were a little crazy. Oh well. I survived it! And I didn't cry myself to sleep!

Now it's the weekend and the weather is glorious! I think I'm going to go to the beach this afternoon! And tomorrow a lot of the museums are free because it's the first Sunday of the month, so I think I'll go to some museums!

Life is soooo SWEET!

No comments: